One of the most iconic horse races in the world takes place this week. A race that offers the greatest test of both horse and rider. A race that was won 40 years ago by three time Durham National winner Rubstic. We've taken a look through the form book to find the potential runners that have also had a run here...
Seven horses with Sedgefield form remain amongst the 69 entries for the 2019 Grand National, taking place on Saturday 6 April, three of which are guaranteed a run should they wish to take up their engagement by virtue of being in the top 40 in the weights.
Here are the seven, listed with their allocated Grand National number at the confirmation stage, and their Sedgefield form:
- 33. VIEUX LION ROUGE (40/1) - winner over hurdles in February 2014
- 35. VINTAGE CLOUDS (12/1) - runner-up in a bumper in December 2014
- 40. BLESS THE WINGS (100/1) - 4th of 7 over fences in November 2014
- 41. CAPTAIN REDBEARD (50/1) - winner over fences in January 2016, runner-up in a bumper in December 2014
- 44. THE YOUNG MASTER (33/1) - winner over hurdles in January 2014
- 52. FACT OF THE MATTER (66/1) - faller in this season's Durham National
- 62. HIGHLAND LODGE (100/1) - runner-up over fences in October 2015
Good luck to all runners and riders!