- What data do we collect
- How we use your data
- Sharing your information
- Your data rights
- Other websites
- Data transfers
. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please email Sedgedfield Racecourse
. Please note that all data thus captured will be used and held in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR 2016/679).
Sedgefield Racecourse is a part of the Arena Racing Company (“ARC”), which is made up of the following sixteen racecourses: Bath, Brighton, Chepstow, Doncaster, Ffos Las, Fontwell Park, Great Yarmouth, Hereford, Lingfield Park, Newcastle, Royal Windsor, Sedgefield, Southwell, Uttoxeter, Wolverhampton and Worcester. ARC also operates Newcastle and Sunderland Greyhound Stadia, Parklands Golf Course, a hotel at Wolverhampton Racecourse, a 4* Marriott Hotel and Country Club, spa resort and golf course at Lingfield Park, a 4* Marriott Hotel at Doncaster and The Border Minstrel public house at Newcastle Racecourse in the grounds of Gosforth Park.
1. What data do we collect
We collect information from visitors to our websites using:
- Online Enquiry Forms
- Contact Us Pages
- Email Hyperlinks
- eNewsletter Sign Up Forms
- Online Competitions
- Brochure Download Forms
- Online Registration Forms
We also collect your details when you email us with an enquiry. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake through this site; however, this does not include details of payment cards used. In addition to the above, we collect information about your visit to our website. Please see our Cookies page for more details.
2. How we use your data:
2.1 For Operations and Services:
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests and carrying out our obligations that arise from any contract we may enter into with you, such as processing and fulfilling an order or request and providing reservation and booking services.
- Information you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored briefly by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your enquiry/attempted transaction, even if you do not confirm the transaction. This information may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the transaction was not completed, these are services emails that will enquire whether there was an operational or technical problem with the checkout.
- If you submit your views to us electronically or otherwise we may circulate them internally for training and management purposes.
- To administer our records internally.
2.2 To Keep you Informed:
- To provide you with marketing information about other services or products we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, or services or products. This will be in accordance with the marketing preferences that you indicated when you completed any of our online forms.
- We will only contact you about our products and services for marketing purposes when you have given us your consent to do so, for each appropriate method of contact. We will send you service messages when they are deemed to be appropriate for you.
- To deliver (with your consent) effective and personalised marketing material and content from Sedgefield Racecourse and where you have consented, other companies within our Group and to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the Sites.
- We, our holding, subsidiary and sister companies and selected third parties (such as our commercial partners) would like to send you marketing information, by post, e-mail, or SMS. If you change your mind about what marketing you would like to receive from us or third parties (including our commercial partners) at any time, you can unsubscribe via the link in any marketing communication or alternatively can email Sedgefield Racecourse.
2.3 To Improve our Services and Products:
- To conduct data analysis and insight to better understand the services and products our customers want from us. This data is used to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. Your data is anonymised in this regard.
- To measure, understand or monitor the effectiveness of advertising, promotions, marketing material and content and any joint initiatives with our affiliates, suppliers, partners, subcontractors and other selected third parties.
2.4 What we will not do:
- We will not use this data for any other purpose, we will not store it for longer than necessary and we will not share it with any other company, unless we have your expressed permission to do so. Our aim is to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
- We will not use any financial or credit card information for any purpose other than to discharge our legal / regulatory duties and to process payments paid by you for our products and services or due to you by agreement (e.g. refunds).
2.5 The legal bit:
We will send you marketing messages through various channels (such as email, text or direct mail) about us and our events and fixtures. We will do this when you have provided us with your consent to use your information for internal marketing purposes. You can remove your consent and opt out at any time.
If you have not purchased from us but have confirmed that you would like to hear about offers, products and services, we will use your details to contact you with marketing information.
If you have confirmed you would like to hear from third parties that we work closely with, then we will share your details with our third parties so they can contact you about their products and services.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and we will cease sending you marketing messages. We will still send you services messages such as booking confirmations, abandonment emails and updates making you aware of changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
When we use your personal information for any other purpose described in this policy, we will rely on a legal condition known as ‘legitimate interests’. It is our legitimate interest to collect and utilise your personal data to effectively manage our business and improve our services.
In order for us to do this, we have to carry out a ‘balancing test’ of our interests in using your personal data (improving our services and contacting you about our events and products), against the interests you have as an individual and the rights you have under data protection laws (such as not having your data sold to third party marketing companies without your knowledge, or not store your personal data in insecure or unstable countries or regions).
Performance of a Contract
When you make a transaction with us, this forms a contract between Sedgefield Racecourse and yourself. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under this contract we will need to collect and process your personal data. Failure to provide us with accurate personal or financial data or objecting to this type of processing may result in us being unable to provide goods/services to you.
3. Sharing your information:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (our "Group").
Our Group of companies consists of; Bath Racecourse, Brighton Racecourse, Chepstow Racecourse, Doncaster Racecourse, Ffos Las Racecourse, Fontwell Park Racecourse, Great Yarmouth Racecourse, Hereford Racecourse, Lingfield Park Racecourse, Newcastle Racecourse, Sedgefield Racecourse, Southwell Racecourse, Royal Windsor Racecourse, Uttoxeter Racecourse, Wolverhampton Racecourse, Worcester racecourse; Newcastle and Sunderland Greyhound Stadia, Parklands Golf Course, a hotel at Wolverhampton Racecourse, a 4* Marriott Hotel and Country Club, spa resort and golf course at Lingfield Park, a 4* Marriott Hotel at Doncaster and The Border Minstrel public house at Newcastle Racecourse in the grounds of Gosforth Park.
We will only disclose data to entities outside of our Group when obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent.
We will only share your personal information with our affiliates and the third party service providers if this is necessary or reasonably required for any of the purposes listed above. Such third party service providers are not entitled to use your information for their own purposes.
4. Your Data Rights
Under current data protection legislation you have the following rights:
i. The right to access personal data that we hold about you.
ii. The right to require us to update our records to ensure the data we hold is accurate.
iii. The right to require us to delete your personal data. There will be instances where this right is restricted (see 2.5: legitimate interest).
iv. The right to restrict how we process your data (e.g. if you dispute its accuracy).
v. The right to require us to transfer your data to another organisation.
vi. The right to object to data processing. There will be instances where this right is restricted (see 2.5: legitimate interest).
vii. The right not to be subject to the decision of an automated process, such as profiling, when this would produce a legal effect on you.
viii. The right to withdraw your consent. We will make this a simple and easy process for you through ‘unsubscribe’ links in all of our marketing communications.
We will delete your data automatically if you have not completed a transaction with us for 6 years.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing channels, or change your communication preferences, at any time. You can also email Sedgefield Racecourse
and request that we unsubscribe you.
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our data capture form and our preference centre. If you would like to change these preferences at any point, please email Sedgefield Racecourse
or access your preferences and change them.
You have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email Sedgefield Racecourse
. We will respond to you within 30 days of receiving your request.
5. Other websites
We would like to make you aware that we regularly promote our content over social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). These sites have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions, which are separate from our own and your exposure to marketing will be contingent on the preferences you have registered with these sites.
6. Data transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation.
By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.