- Which Enclosure should I choose?
- Sedgefield Racecourse has two Enclosures, the Grandstand enclosure and the Course Enclosure. The Grandstand Enclosure has the prime viewing position on the winning line and has the most comprehensive facilities - you have access to the Parade Ring, Winners' Enclosure and various Bars which all have stunning views across the course. You can also dine in our Hoops Bistro for the price of £56 per person. This includes your admission into the Grandstand Enclosure, three course meal, racecards and table for the afternoon/evening.
The Course Enclosure is in the centre of the course. You have access to the bar and betting facilities. There is also an area for family picnics, outdoor play area and at various fixtures throughout the year there is free children’s entertainment.
- How do I book tickets?
- Tickets and admission packages can either be booked online or by calling the Racecourse Office 01740 621925. Although it is not compulsory to book in advance, we do recommend it. There are also group discounts for tickets booked in advance.
- What are the advantages of booking an all-inclusive package?
- All-inclusive packages are great value for money and ideal for the novice racegoer who wants every element of their day at the races included in one easy step.
- What discounts do you offer to groups?
- Horseracing is the perfect event to enjoy with family and friends, therefore when you book over 15 Grandstand badges or more at Sedgefield a 20% discount is given.
- Is Sedgefield Racecourse suitable for children and families?
- All children 16 and under are admitted free and on selected days, we also provide a variety of entertainment and attractions to appeal to all ages - from live music to jugglers and face painting to fairground rides. There is also an outdoor play area.
We also provide parent and baby changing rooms in the Grandstand Enclosure
- Are there facilities for people with disabilities?
- Sedgefield Racecourse aims to provide an accessible environment for all our racegoers, particularly those with disabilities. We provide disabled parking spaces and ramped access to each public Enclosure. Disabled toilets are available in the Grandstand enclosure. Access to the disabled car park is on production of a valid parking disc.
- Is there a dress code?
- Sedgefield Racecourse does not operate a dress code but suggests smart/casual wear for both Enclosures. Smart Jeans and trainers are permitted.
- Can I bring my dog to the Racecourse?
- With the exception of Guide Dogs of the blind, dogs are only permitted in the main car park and must be kept on leads and secured to the vehicle at all times.
- Can I bring a picnic?
- Picnics are allowed in the course enclosure. Alcohol however is strictly not permitted.
- Can I bring a coach?
- Coach parties are always welcome to Sedgefield Racecourse and we do offer a host of benefits - with free parking for all coaches and free entrance for all coach drivers when booked in advance.
- Can I transfer between Enclosures?
- You can upgrade your £7 Course ticket to gain access to the Grandstand Enclosure for an additional £7 on the day of racing only at the Course Turnstile.
- Where can I get food and drink?
- The Grandstand Enclosure has a wide range of catering facilities and bars offering a variety of hot and cold food including burgers, fish and chips, hot dogs, hog roast, sandwiches, snacks, cakes and beverages.
Also within the Grandstand Enclosure the Hoops Bistro serves a delightful three-course for £56 per person. This is an all inclusive package which includes admission into the Racecourse, three course meal, racecards and the table for the afternoon. This package must be pre booked on 01740 621925 and paid in advance.
- Is there a cash machine at the Racecourse?
- There is no link cash machine located on the Racecourse. However, Tote Betting vouchers can be purchased by card payment.
- Is there seating available?
- Within the Grandstand Enclosure, there is plenty of seating especially where the food and bar outlets are located. There is also limited seating at the top of the Grandstand for you to view the racing action although most people tend to stand when cheering their horses home!
- Does the weather affect the Racing?
- The main weather conditions that affect racing at Sedgefield Racecourse are fog, frost and rain. There are plenty of covered areas in the Grandstand Enclosure which provide shelter in the event of rain. Contact the Racecourse office 01740 621925 or check the website for information on current weather conditions.
In the event of racing being abandoned before the first race, a full refund will be made. If the meeting is abandoned after the first race but before the third, a 50% refund will be made in the same manner as a full refund. If the meeting is abandoned after the third race, no refund will be made.
Customers must retain their badges, which are date stamped and numbered, in order to obtain a refund. They must be presented or sent by personal application to the Racecourse Office two days after the meeting.
- Where can I obtain more information on Racedays?
- The race programme is a useful tool to guide you through your day at the races, with details about each race and other helpful information. Programmes are complimentary at the Racecourse entrance
There are also numerous friendly staff that work on Racedays. Please approach any member of staff who will be happy to assist you.
- How do I get to the Racecourse?
- Sedgefield Racecourse is easily accessible by road, rail or air.
- How do I become an Season Ticket holder?
- Season tickets are available for £160 per person, to run for 12 months of the year. The badge entitles you to admission to every meeting at Sedgefield, as well as over 70 other meetings around the country.
- When does your season start/finish?
- Sedgefield Racecourse doesn't have a season as such as we race all year round except for the months of July and October.
- What happens when you're not racing
- We regularly hold conferences, seminars, exhibition, public events, weddings, concerts and dinners. We have an extensive number of rooms available to cover your needs and events.
- Where should we stay overnight?
- Sedgefield Racecourse has strong links with local hotels and Bed & Breakfasts. Please call the office for more details or view the recommended accommodation list
- Photography at the racecourse
- Racegoers are permitted to take photographs for their own personal use in public areas of the racecourse but are not permitted to use them for commercial purposes without prior permission from the racecourse office and provision of press accreditation.
PLEASE DO NOT USE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY NEAR THE HORSES.
Please be aware that your photograph may be taken whilst you are on the racecourse. These photographs may be used in any of the media used by Northern Racing for promotion purposes. They may also be circulated to the media and used by other relevant organisations in their publications.